Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Broken Dentures,

Ever have one of those days? I had one on Monday. My prototype batch of biscotti was a flop. Way too hard. Not enough egg. It's been lingering on the tea tray where all my experiments and leftovers from orders sits around until somebody risks their waist line (and their taste buds.)
But there's two sad old little biscotti still sitting there, just waiting. My father, you should know, has no teeth. None. I think they pulled the last one when I was 8. You've never wanted to have better dental hygiene after seeing THAT, I can tell you. Not the point. My dad passes over the delicious cherry cordial cookies. And the orange puffs. Passes over the oatmeal lactation cookies even, and those are his favorite. What does he go for? Not the NEW biscotti -- the good, tasty, perfectly light and crunchy biscotti. NO! The old, stale, too hard to begin with biscotti.

And he breaks one of his teeth off his dentures.

Needless to say, he did NOT volunteer to try the graham crackers to make sure they tasted okay. (Which they did. Yum! My TestBaby turned into a cookie monster when offered one.). He comes home the next morning from the dentist and tells me I should call it my $120 biscotti.

I doubt my customers would appreciate the joke.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! That would be a funny name for your biscotti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just laughed out loud. Now I get the title..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! your poor dad. (still laughing)

    ReplyDelete